About Ace easy-read
What is Ace?
Ace is an independent and self-advocacy project for people with learning disabilities. We are based in Suffolk.
Ace facilitates People First groups in Suffolk. Ace also facilitates advocacy surgeries at work projects & day centres across Suffolk.
Ace offers group advocacy through our People First groups.
We have monthly People First groups across Suffolk, where people can speak up and have a voice. The groups are facilitated by experienced independent advocates.
Ace offers one to one advocacy through our surgeries, where we can offer advice and signposting to other services.
Advocacy helps you stand up for yourself, to be who you want to be and to make the choices you want. Sometimes it helps to have somebody to stick up for you when your head is full of information.
They can help you:
- Have information to make real choices and decisions
- Believe that you are important
- Be listened to
- Have the right to disagree
- Have the chance to try new things and take calculated risks
- Have the right to your own ideas and opinions
- Understanding your rights and responsibilities
- Have an advocate who is independent of services or family if you wish
- Have the confidence to say what you want