The government has reviewed the lockdown restrictions and said that they will continue for ‘at least’ another 3 weeks.
This is to keep us safe and make sure less people get Coronavirus.
The government still needs people to stay at home.
The foreign secretary Mr. Rabb said the government measures are working but the coronavirus is spreading in hospitals and care homes.
Before lockdown can start to be lifted the government need to:
- Make sure the NHS can cope.
- Make sure there are clearly less people dying each day from coronavirus.
- Make sure less people are becoming infected with coronavirus.
- Make sure there is enough supply of Personal Protective Equiptment (PPE) and tests.
- Be confident that lifting the lockdown restrictions would not mean it got a lot worse again.