Here is a video explaining why it is important you know how to unmute participants when hosting a zoom call.
Steps to unmute a participant using zoom:
1. Sign into the Zoom web portal at https://zoom.us as an Admin
2. In the navigation menu, click Account Management
3. Then click Account Settings
4. In the Meeting tab, go to ‘In Meeting (Advanced)’
5. Enable the ‘request permission to unmute’ setting.
6. Use the lock icon to make this setting mandatory for all users.
7. When setting up a meeting, just tick ‘Request permission to unmute participants’ for it to work on your meeting.