The Total Voice Suffolk team is made up of seven experienced organisations working together. We have joined together as a partnership so that when you contact Total Voice Suffolk, you can quickly get the right specialist support with a single referral.
Meet our advocates:
Ace currently employ six advocates, offering advocacy support to adults and young people across Suffolk.
What is advocacy?
Advocacy is about making sure that your wishes and opinions are heard and your rights are upheld.
Advocacy can help people to:
- Think through different choices and options available to them
- Make their views and wishes clear
- Get independent and accurate information
- Understand their rights
Advocates support people to speak up for themselves. Advocates can also speak up for people’s views on their behalf if they are unable to do this for themselves.
What are the benefits of advocacy?
- It will help make sure your voice is heard and really listened to
- It will give you support to help you make choices
- It will help you to get people to understand your point of view
- It can make it easier to get information that you need in a way that you understand
- It is a free and confidential service
Advocacy is not:
- Persuading someone to think a different way or do things differently
- Being a friend
- Being a counsellor
- Making decisions for the person or giving advice
- Providing social support for example managing someone’s financial affairs or organising transport
- A mediation service – these services are available elsewhere
- A service that can provide specific legal advice or support – we can help you find that support elsewhere
- A replacement for support staff or social workers
- A long term service
Ace advocates work on:
- Care Act Advocacy
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy
- Independent Health Complaints Advocacy
- Professional Advocacy
- Examples of Advocacy support
- Provide information to help you make your own informed decision
- Support you in your review
- Support through a Safeguarding issue
- Support when making life decisions
How to refer:
You can refer for advocacy in a number of ways. Please go to the the Total Voice Suffolk website for more details:
For more information about Total Voice Suffolk
For more information about advocacy & the Total Voice Suffolk Partnership, please go to the Total Voice Suffolk website: https://www.totalvoicesuffolk.org/